Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We are looking for candidates to help build complex and high-profile web applications within our consulting practice. We guide our clients to build things the "right way": maintainable, scalable, tested, documented, etc.
Our developers are consultants who are knowledgeable and proficient communicators, and are able to help enterprise clients make the right decisions for their applications.
Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up well (short read!)
We are looking for an experienced, architect level candidate to help lead Node efforts for a client in Chicago. We hope this role will eventually lead and oversee the development and growth of Bitovi’s internal Node team.
While the role will be remote, travel is required 1-2 weeks per month to work onsite with the client in Chicago. Due to the travel requirements, we will be focusing on US based candidates. All travel costs will be covered by Bitovi.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Experience developing applications at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to deliver real-work solutions and platforms
- Ability to lead a team and be an integral part of a team
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly. A people person.
- Willing and able to travel onsite, to a Chicago office 1-2 weeks per month
- Doesn’t mind a bit of travel, averaging one week every couple of months
- Strong, working knowledge of Node.js
- Payment integrations, 3rd party integrations, and/or Redis
- Handling complex scaling issues (sessions, locked lists), tiered caching, sharding data, and sticky load balancing
- Developing modern, micro-service-based web applications
- Complex systems and API Integrations
- Some full stack experience (Deployment, Database, and Frontend)
Other Skills we value:
- Source control with Git.
- Environments setup, secure configuration, and deployments (AWS, Docker, CloudFoundry, Heroku, etc.)
- Server and browser security
- Database schema design and development experience for both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Understanding and implementing authentication - know when it’s appropriate to use sessions, API tokens, JWT, cookies or a mix.
- Authorization and access control - Role-based, and attribute-based
- Concurrency and scaling application servers.
- The Microservice architecture
- Logging, rate limiting
- Test driven development and benchmarking
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi developers:
- Speak at conferences
- Give trainings
- Run meet ups
- Maintain open source projects
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Interested in Applying at Bitovi?
Write a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above.
Focus on your past work and experience, and point us to some recent work (or your github account). If you have any specific salary requirements or other conditions, make sure to include those as well.