Technical Product Owner & Consultant (remote)
- Full Time
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are not reviewing or accepting any candidates located outside the United States and Canada.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re experienced working on technology delivery teams and interfacing with stakeholders. You thrive on process and organization, and have the expertise to help define and execute a technical process plan that will enable technical team members to track, iterate, and deliver a quality software product to end-users.
You’ll excel in this role and fit in well at Bitovi if you have:
- 5+ years related technology experience, 3+ years technology project/program management experience.
- BA/BS degree or related experience
- Experience engaging in product discovery, planning, and driving technical product value
- Experience creating, communicating, and managing detailed project plans that span across multiple partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead work estimation processes with partners while managing dependencies, resource capacity, and schedule
- Proven capability to effectively run meetings and drive agendas
- Interest and experience working with clients directly and joining new projects
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience and/or certification as an Agile product owner and scrum master
WHO WE ARE
Bitovi helps companies create better software and applications. We’re driven by the desire to provide value - to our clients, to the technology community, and to our incredible team.
Every day, we design and build a wide variety of high-profile applications built with tests, full docs, and a deployment process in place. We discuss and design architectures, review code, and research new front-end technologies. We talk to our clients directly, guiding them through the process, identifying potential problems and unknowns, and tackling challenges.
We help one another freely. We keep a Slack channel called ask-help and it’s used constantly. We develop new skills, build better developer tools, and work on new types of projects regularly - and take the time to present at conferences, give trainings, and run meetups. We’re huge devotees of open source, and our community of developers is second to none.
Our fully remote team consists of about 80 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession - we want the right person, not the right collection of tech keywords.
You can learn more about us with this short read: Hello Potential Bitovian.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT BITOVI
Consult and Manage. You’ll consult and meet with clients regularly to learn about their needs and update them on the progress of their projects. You’ll provide product process leadership and work collaboratively with the technical delivery team. The bulk of your day will be spent on the following:
- Partnering with the client stakeholders to define and prioritize roadmaps
- Eliciting requirements, synthesize and document them into stories for the product backlog
- Splitting and clarifying requirements into iterative sprint-sized stories that optimize speed-to-value
- Managing and refining the product backlog, assemble sprints, and perform release planning
- Articulating business and customer value to the development and products team and use it to guide prioritization
- Participating in the release process as the product expert to surface any issues prior to release
- Ensuring that roadmaps and the product backlog are visible, transparent, and clear to brand partners
Travel. Pre-Covid, our development team traveled to meet with our clients in person, and we’ll be doing so again once it’s safe to travel. Travel averages 3-5 days every 10-12 weeks, and we’ll always be working with your schedule.
Teach. You’ll have protected time to present at conferences, give trainings, plan and run meetups or local gropus, and create various kinds of content in your area of expertise, with Bitovi’s full support.
WHAT WE OFFER
First and foremost: you’ll get to be part of a supportive, talented, amazing team who supports and challenges one another to do their most exceptional work. You’ll get to contribute to and lead a diverse array of projects, expand your skills and stature in the tech community, and build a portfolio of work you’re passionate about and proud of.
You’ll also enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- Completely remote work with flexible hours
- 401(k) matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Biannual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island (on hold during Covid, but definitely to return!)
- Mini virtual retreats held quarterly during Covid
HOW TO APPLY
Write a resume and a thoughtful introduction that includes:
- Why you’re interested in this role
- Something you recently worked on and are proud of
- A fun fact about yourself