Sr. UX Designer - Remote
- Full Time
- Product Team
Bitovi is in need of a Senior UX Designer to join the team. Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for users. As a UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, research, product management, interaction design, client-facing communication, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the client's product.
Travel may be required up to 25%.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Take features, conceptual ideas and turn them into products useful and valuable
- Creating a detailed feature analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Communicate with and present work to clients
- Carrying out an assessment of existing information architecture and identify areas for improvement, including content inventories and audits
- Works with a cross-functional team using agile methodology to define user stories and UX deliverables and business requirements
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product, from conception to launch
- Advocates for the user and collaborate with business owners to develop features and flows that align with the user’s needs
- Uses research techniques (heuristic reviews, user interviews, remote unmoderated and in-person testing) to determine ease-of-use and comprehension of designs and ideas
- Manages all communications necessary to get the project done including negotiating with key stakeholders
- Creates research strategies based on project KPIs and develop usability test plans, scripts and scenarios for prototypes. Regularly formulate and test hypotheses during design iterations.
- Collaborates with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement solutions
- Presents work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (be able to explain design recommendations by citing best practices, research data or business requirements)
- Experience in product design, strategy and vision
- Experience designing and building applications
- Portfolio of interaction and visual design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams and clients
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields; for example, Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Design, Library Sciences or other related discipline, or equivalent experience or training
- 4+ years of experience as a UX practitioner with a background in user experience design, interaction design or similar
Work Remotely (in North America)
Bitovi helps people and companies create better products. We’re a small team made up of UX Designers, Developers, and DevOps team members located around the US.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with style guides, tests, full docs, accessibility considerations, and a deployment process in place.
This is a remote, full-time position. This role may require travel up to 1 week every 8-12 weeks once travel resumes post COVID. Due to travel requirements, we are only accepting candidates in the U.S. who are willing and able to travel in the future.
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Four weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply to our posting with the following items. Applications that are missing any of the following details will not be considered.
- Portfolio/case studies demonstrating a passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Cover letter – must include:
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself, including three reasons why you're perfect for this role – Focus on your recent and past work and experience
Equal Opportunity: We at Bitovi provide equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: We value a diverse and inclusive workforce and are committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.